The “I”s Have It

myself and my I

but they all knew

my truths were askew

they were too wise

to my lying eyes

§

“Wanting to be liked can get in the way of truth.”  -Delia Ephron

My other blog BrewNSpew

Brew -Eugenia

11 comments for “The “I”s Have It

1. Arlee Bird
    03/27/2017 at 10:43 am

Ego can be a great deceiver.

Arlee Bird
    Tossing It Out

• 03/27/2017 at 10:46 am

I definitely agree with you. Thank you for stopping by ThusNSuch.

2. Davy D
    03/28/2017 at 1:28 pm

Ego, a curse but it does make good poetry Eugenia. The words and picture go together perfectly.

3. 03/29/2017 at 8:36 pm

Jumped over from the Senior Salon
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Many of my friends and I went through a period where we wanted the life of a star – most actors do, but not all of us are egomaniacs. Some just like the shine of the spotlight and the love of the stage (and if you’re not what they call “a name,” especially for women as they grow older, it becomes increasingly difficult to get cast at all and you barely eke out a living!) Feast or famine for most in the biz, not a lot in between – at least not in America anyway. Nobody aspires to the life of a starving artist.

Still, you make a good point about ego – at least the unhealthy kind. We all need SOME – only we call it self-esteem.
    xx,
    mgh
    (Madelyn Griffith-Haynie – ADDandSoMuchMORE dot com)
    ADD Coach Training Field founder; ADD Coaching co-founder
    “It takes a village to transform a world!”

• 03/30/2017 at 10:29 am

Yes, showbiz can be extremely challenging when one gets older. Surgeries to keep that youthful appearance are on the increase. It’s tough on the ego when you are in the limelight. Thank you for commenting.

• 03/30/2017 at 5:46 pm

You’re welcome. The grumbling I hear most often is no longer being able to dash out to the store unless they are camera-ready because of the !$^& tabloid photographers – especially now with all the nastiness on the ‘net.
        xx,
        mgh

4. 03/30/2017 at 10:51 am

A very wise poem Eugenia.

5. 04/04/2017 at 6:44 am

A poem that proves the adage that a life that is not examined is very shallow. The Ephron quote is the perfect follow up.

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

myboyfriendisinIndia

A blog about a temporary long-distance relationship: India, Paris and a rural village in Ireland. Running, millennial thoughts and emigration - new posts each week day! :)

Fine Cats & Kittens

Cats and kittens beautiful pictures, fun activity's, and sweet poems.

Books & poems Coffee & Teas

books,poems,coffee,teas

New Lune

A blog full of tips, inspiration and freebies!

Life & Leisure

Good things take time.

Diary of an Aesthete

AnonymouslyBloggingThroughLife

She loved mysteries so much, she became one.

In mind and out

Read my mind

Jade M.Wong

Writer at Heart | Fangirl by DNA | Struggling Human until Further Notice

Niki Flow

I feel the world and want to help heal the world.

Prats Corner

Pages of my mind : collecting words, experiences and memories...

Gringirls

Two girls one trip

Have Fun with God

Arm yourself with divine truths

Jackie's Lifestyle Blog

Depression, Mentalhealth, Life, Reality

farmstand culture

Easy ideas to make hectic lives healthier. Natural skin care. Farm stand finds!

Constance Bourg

Poetry and Flash Fiction

A Girl in Progress

I guess I don't have to worry about my mom finding my diary anymore, it's now on the internet. Welcome everyone to my poorly scripted life!

Martha’s Artistic Flarings

After retiring, I decided to play around with computer art. This is the result.

Diary of a mEs$eD-uP College Mom

My journey of existing, struggling, hating life, loving life, crushing it, failing, growing, &/or soaring in this world when odds are against me

Banter Republic

It's just banter

Wonder Cottage

Lifestyle blog: explore and be inspired