The “I”s Have It

It was all about me,

myself and my I

but they all knew

my truths were askew

they were too wise

to my lying eyes

“Wanting to be liked can get in the way of truth.”  -Delia Ephron

Please stop by and visit  BrewNSpew

Cheers!

-Eugenia

picmonkey-image114

11 comments for “The “I”s Have It

1. Arlee Bird
    03/27/2017 at 10:43 am

Ego can be a great deceiver.

Arlee Bird
    Tossing It Out

• 03/27/2017 at 10:46 am

I definitely agree with you. Thank you for stopping by ThusNSuch.

2. 03/28/2017 at 1:28 pm

Ego, a curse but it does make good poetry Eugenia. The words and picture go together perfectly.

3. 03/29/2017 at 8:36 pm

Jumped over from the Senior Salon
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Many of my friends and I went through a period where we wanted the life of a star – most actors do, but not all of us are egomaniacs. Some just like the shine of the spotlight and the love of the stage (and if you’re not what they call “a name,” especially for women as they grow older, it becomes increasingly difficult to get cast at all and you barely eke out a living!) Feast or famine for most in the biz, not a lot in between – at least not in America anyway. Nobody aspires to the life of a starving artist.

Still, you make a good point about ego – at least the unhealthy kind. We all need SOME – only we call it self-esteem.
    xx,
    mgh
    (Madelyn Griffith-Haynie – ADDandSoMuchMORE dot com)
    ADD Coach Training Field founder; ADD Coaching co-founder
    “It takes a village to transform a world!”

• 03/30/2017 at 10:29 am

Yes, showbiz can be extremely challenging when one gets older. Surgeries to keep that youthful appearance are on the increase. It’s tough on the ego when you are in the limelight. Thank you for commenting.

• 03/30/2017 at 5:46 pm

You’re welcome. The grumbling I hear most often is no longer being able to dash out to the store unless they are camera-ready because of the !$^& tabloid photographers – especially now with all the nastiness on the ‘net.
        xx,
        mgh

4. 03/30/2017 at 10:51 am

A very wise poem Eugenia.

5. 04/04/2017 at 6:44 am

A poem that proves the adage that a life that is not examined is very shallow. The Ephron quote is the perfect follow up.

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

David Palethorpe

The thoughts, dreams and ideas of an insignificant speck of humanity in the Universe 😀

The Ink Owl

"If you don't turn your life into a story, you just become a part of someone else's story." -Terry Pratchett

Android Forever

Android,Android Root,Root Tools,Apps For Rooted Android Devices and Other Android Apps

unbelsorrisodallitalia.wordpress.com/

意大利旅居記事簿:來自意國的微笑 by Scarlett To

that little voice

fun, interesting and provocative musings by a 70+ youngster

YogaAmazon

Top 10 Best Yoga Mat Reviews of 2018

BEAUTIFUL WORDS

Inspiring mental health through creative arts and friendly interactions. (Award free blog)

No Purpose Club

Go Aimless , Live Life...

Poetry & Chocolate

Life's greatest addictions...

Ships Wake

Moving forward leaving impressions

The Classic Feminine Woman

Sophisticated, Intelligent, Classic Femininity

A Frank Angle

Thoughts from the Inner Mind

The Flowers of Art

In the kingdom of life, with the strokes of the brush, the bow and the pen, artists have sowed their hearts to contrive, fields rivalling in beauty the Garden of Eden.

Scenic Writer's Shack

Words. Wares. Woomph.

Joy's Travel

Leben im Ausland (Life in abroad)

Publication Advisors