The “I”s Have It

myself and my I

but they all knew

my truths were askew

they were too wise

to my lying eyes

§

“Wanting to be liked can get in the way of truth.”  -Delia Ephron

Please stop by for coffee and chatting at  BrewNSpew

91317-Abstract-Coffee-Pot23

-Eugenia

11 comments for “The “I”s Have It

1. Arlee Bird
    03/27/2017 at 10:43 am

Ego can be a great deceiver.

Arlee Bird
    Tossing It Out

• 03/27/2017 at 10:46 am

I definitely agree with you. Thank you for stopping by ThusNSuch.

2. 03/28/2017 at 1:28 pm

Ego, a curse but it does make good poetry Eugenia. The words and picture go together perfectly.

• 03/28/2017 at 1:51 pm

Thank you for your kind words, Davy.

3. 03/29/2017 at 8:36 pm

Jumped over from the Senior Salon
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Many of my friends and I went through a period where we wanted the life of a star – most actors do, but not all of us are egomaniacs. Some just like the shine of the spotlight and the love of the stage (and if you’re not what they call “a name,” especially for women as they grow older, it becomes increasingly difficult to get cast at all and you barely eke out a living!) Feast or famine for most in the biz, not a lot in between – at least not in America anyway. Nobody aspires to the life of a starving artist.

Still, you make a good point about ego – at least the unhealthy kind. We all need SOME – only we call it self-esteem.
    xx,
    mgh
    (Madelyn Griffith-Haynie – ADDandSoMuchMORE dot com)
    ADD Coach Training Field founder; ADD Coaching co-founder
    “It takes a village to transform a world!”

• 03/30/2017 at 10:29 am

Yes, showbiz can be extremely challenging when one gets older. Surgeries to keep that youthful appearance are on the increase. It’s tough on the ego when you are in the limelight. Thank you for commenting.

• 03/30/2017 at 5:46 pm

You’re welcome. The grumbling I hear most often is no longer being able to dash out to the store unless they are camera-ready because of the !$^& tabloid photographers – especially now with all the nastiness on the ‘net.
        xx,
        mgh

4. 03/30/2017 at 10:51 am

A very wise poem Eugenia.

5. 04/04/2017 at 6:44 am

A poem that proves the adage that a life that is not examined is very shallow. The Ephron quote is the perfect follow up.

• 04/04/2017 at 10:49 am