One Must Listen Before One Speaks

201799-Owls-In-The-Night

“To hear, one must be silent.” ― Ursula K. Le Guin

Sparks

Please join in at McGuffy’s Reader-Sparks 18 With combined efforts, we can create a place to overcome the negative and accentuate the positive by sharing enlightening and inspiring thoughts.

Take a few moments to visit the Go Dog Go Cafe where there is a remarkable cluster of talented writers. I’m one of the Baristas and proud to be a part of this elite group.

95U1U3BR0Y

139009-Coffee-Love

Come on in for coffee at BrewNSpew

Cheers!

12 comments for “One Must Listen Before One Speaks

1. 02/05/2018 at 11:21 am

Oh this is ever so true. Often folks are thinking about what they are going to say next to hear what someone is saying. Great reminder to listen.

Have a fabulous day. ♥

2. darlamsands
    02/05/2018 at 12:31 pm

I alternate between acting a narcissist waiting for a chance to speak and listening to folks (including strangers running a cash register!) tell their life story. Great words. Happy Sparks Monday!

3. 02/05/2018 at 4:59 pm

So true. Sometimes I forget.😾

• 02/05/2018 at 7:46 pm

I think many of us our guilty of this, including myself.

4. 15andmeowing
    02/05/2018 at 6:31 pm

This is a great Spark. It seems like everyone talks more than they listen.

5. 02/06/2018 at 11:41 am

Amen. I have written poetry on this very thing. I must note, your quote is not Angelou. That made me smile. Hugs!
    Sparks: 18
    Annie at ~McGuffy’s Reader~

• 02/06/2018 at 4:29 pm

Thank you, Annie. I felt it time to honor other authors that gift us with great quotes. Since Ursula K. Le Guin recently passed away, I am sharing more of her quotes. I just authored a post on Ursula K. Le Guin for the Go Dog Go Cafe, which I am one of their Baristas.

• 02/06/2018 at 4:30 pm

Oh, I need to check that out. There are so many great minds and great spirits. I have a hard time choosing and narrowing it down to one at a time. Hugs!

6. 02/11/2018 at 6:30 pm